*BEAUTY BLOSSOMED*

*BEAUTY BLOSSOMED*
EXPRESS YOUR VISIONS

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Fragile Moments



As Salamu Alaikum

Today my 12 year old daughter Lamiah an I had a very powerful conversation. I must admit I have been truly blessed with an intelligent young lady. Alhumduliah! She's entering a essay contest and the topic is about violence.


We began discussing the basics of writing a effective essay but the conversation quickly did a turn. As a mother I have instincts that instantly arise when I feel something is wrong, which I'm sure all parents have or atleast they should have anyway.
For a second she was feeling incapable of writing a winning essay. She was doubting herself, she was doubting her skills, she doubted the capabilities that she already owns. A fragile moment between mother and daughter.

Before I go on just a quick review of Lamiahs progress in school. She's a strait A student, chosen as a Shining Star among her classmates, has been tested for Gifted children ( currently waiting for the results). Alhumduliah she is blessed with exceptional intelligence.

But at this moment her confidence dropped down. She was afraid of her own strength, she needed to be reassured. As parents this is our duty. Its our job to promote the CAN DO ATTITUDE! I began explaining. Baby girl this is the beginging of a life time of tests that will effect you throughout your life. You must stay positive, you must at all times pray and ask ALLAH (GOD) to guide you through the ruff patches. I explained to her the importance of being greatful and humble when things in life are going well and to be patient and rely on GOD when times are ruff. With every diffulculty there is ease.
At this moment I observed my once baby girl growing into her own. Making new strides in life. "My dear Lamiah
There will be moments when you will want to give up, when you feel that you can't move forward, but I told her that not trying and giving up is the only failure.
At this fragile moment as a mother and daughter we became one on the same accord. I felt her pains, I understood the fear that she was holding on to. But I can't live her life for her.

I see so much of myself in her but 100 times better. I admire her tenacity and determination to succeed. Her williness to seek out help and allow others to assist her when she has come to a crossroad.

I explained to her the importance of learning from your mistakes, being mindful of the company you keep and to never neglect her prayers because if she neglects GOD he will neglect her. By the end of our conversation her belief was restored. Her confidence was renergized and she was prepared to write her essay.
I know that these are the moments that she will reflect on when she is older. These are the fragile moments that develop our chldren into confident teens and progressive adults.

As I sit here typing she's a few feet ahead of me writing her essay. Excited, confident and determined to go beyond the limits. I will keep you posted on the essay contest.

2 comments:

  1. Great words of wisdom and advice! Your right those r the moments that our daughters will remember forever and pass on to their daughters. I'm sure lamiah is going to write an excellent essay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes inshallah she'll do great. She just finished. She just needed that extra boost lol. We all need one at some point in time. And thanks for your continous support. Lol I'm begining to get addicted to this. :)

    ReplyDelete